Wednesday 31 March 2010

Wednesday 31st March Extended Project Finalising

During the lesson today I was very busy. We started out in a different room to normal, with no electronic equipment. We set out (as a class) to create the final version of the flat plan. We stuck twelve sheets of A4 to the board and continued to arrange the order until most of us had reached a satisfied consensus.

We had many different attempts, and several things were moved around before everyone was finally happy. We used a kind of voting system to get everyone's decisions to amalgamate into one design of the flat plan.

We also decided to change the way the adverts were laid out. Originally we decided that they should be set out so that both of the half page adverts were on one page, and that there would also be a page of activities. After a long discussion we decided that it would be wise to separate the adverts and to have each one on a separate page, with the other half of each page being the activities.

Me at the board arranging the pages:

DSC00062

After we finally decided on a layout we returned to our usual classroom. Everyone jumped to making the finishing touches to their articles and I had to make sure everyone was organised. I then sent Jenny an email asking for the Media Magazine logo, so that we could put it on the front cover for all of Jenny Grahame's help.

After this I got both of the adverts (from Lincoln and OCR) and gave them to Sam (who was making the activities and advert pages). I then joined the Quality Control team who were working on the front page Dave and I had started to design the day before.

They wanted an editorial so I immediately started work on it. I almost completely scrapped my previous draft of it and started to build it up again. I did this due to feedback from the teacher who said that it focused too much on what people may want to read, rather than what the different sections for the exam are.

I then gave Tara the logos of both Lincoln and OCR. So that she could put them on the front cover. We managed to finish the front cover and make it look good. By this time it was almost the very end of the lesson. By this time most people had left and so had Sam. I was quite annoyed that all he had done was to put the pictures in order and hadn't actually produced any content. So I sat down but was already very late to leave. I had to leave it how it was.

Looking back on today we had a page that wasn't completely finished. This bothered me quite a lot and thinking about it it would have been a very good idea to put Hayden's image (the zeitgeist cycle) in the blank space.

Image shown below:

No comments:

Post a Comment