Sunday 14 March 2010

Possible Comic Strip

Over the weekend I commissioned a friend of mine to do a piece of artwork that will fit into our paper. I decided that it should be comedic, and appeal to the humour of the target audience. So I wrote a script for a boy who is at school being told by the teacher that he will never be a movie star. The boy looks to be very special needs is sitting at his table looking sad. The scene is marked at the top with a banner saying '2005' (the year YouTube was set up). I wanted to add this as a bit of extra information that will stick in the readers mind. It is often that when someone enjoys something it will stick in their mind more, and this information will hopefully be on of those things. It then shows the boy on a YouTube video and finally, the boy in 2009 receiving an oscar. I did a small amount of visual research to give to the commissioned artist.

I gave her pictures of the layout of YouTube, the Oscars and an Oscar Award to work with so as the pictures were as recognisable as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment