Saturday 6 March 2010

Friday 5th March Extended Project

Today our class started to fill in the project proposal form. We were given advice on how to do it and began to fill it in, due to time constraints I wasn't able to finish and had to send off incomplete, so I will have to come back to it at a later date.

I then sat down with Tara and Kirk and we discussed the ideas that we could put in the newspaper. I took the coloured pieces of paper that our class had written ideas down on and organised them into appropriate sections, each section would be one article.

Me arranging and marking the paper into groups (at this point I was writing what pages they should go on the flat-plan):

DSC01851

Some of the groups I sorted the paper into:

DSC01858

Me sorting out the paper and Laurence looking a little confused...

DSC01847

I then started on the flat-plan of the magazine. I worked out what would go best where, I did all of this most on my own, the others didn't seem too interested, and just agreed with whatever I said.

At the end of the lesson I gave the (very basic) flat-plan to Hayden. Due to his inclination towards an art-editorial role I thought that giving him the job of drawing the first flat-plan design would be perfect for him.

Some groups were also given a task to start a report explaining how teenagers learn to give us a better idea of what content to put in the newspaper and how to write the content. One of these groups I know is Natalie, Ash and Tim. I was going to suggest that they make a student questionnaire and interview students to ask them about their learning preferences. However, when I went to ask them I realised they had already left, eager to get home for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment